Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Mass Shooting at San Antonio Elementary School
(05-27-2022, 09:46 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Personally, even though I teach rifle, pistol, and shotgun shooting to young people and enjoy firearms a lot, I think the "collective right" interpretation of the 2A is the correct one and that Heller got it wrong. But I also know that there is no evidence to support the effectiveness of any gun control law that has been proposed save a waiting period (which has evidence to support a reduction in suicides).

You keep saying that, and I know you have certainly good reason to. I want to ask though what the argument to dismiss the effects in Australia is. That's what I learned in my country, that Australia gave itself restrictive gun laws after a massacre in 1996 and that since then the number of gun deaths decreased significantly (it was halved from what I read). Folks make similar claims about Canada. Is that not true, was I duped.

Btw this is not to say that such laws would be the clear solution; socioeconomic factors, I suppose, indeed play a bigger part. Imho it's not an either or situation though, measures can be taken on more than just one prong.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mass Shooting at San Antonio Elementary School - hollodero - 05-28-2022, 05:52 AM