Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Mass Shooting at San Antonio Elementary School
(05-28-2022, 03:50 PM)basballguy Wrote: It's funny you say this....

So my daughter was in a wreck yesterday here in Dallas on one of the side streets outside downtown...i went over there after she called me and there were two fire engines and a ambulance. The ambulance left and the fire fighter dudes said they were there specifically to wait and keep the area safe until the police show up (since the car couldn't be moved).  I never would've guessed they had a general emphasis on safety (though it makes sense).  I always assume they have one job.  

This is something I am familiar with as a former medic.

For instance, when we responded to a hazardous materials incident, we EMS folks had a rule of thumb. That rule was that if we held up our thumb and could still see the incident scene we were too close and needed to back up. Our primary responsibility was our own safety. Then the ones with the hazmat gear would do their thing while we waited in case we were absolutely needed.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mass Shooting at San Antonio Elementary School - Belsnickel - 05-28-2022, 05:00 PM