Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Mass Shooting at San Antonio Elementary School
(06-02-2022, 01:55 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Those that wanted proof to earlier post.

https://www.statesman.com/story/news/politics/politifact/2022/06/01/fact-check-did-mass-shootings-triple-after-assault-weapon-ban-ended/9941501002/

I don't even need to click on the link to tell you that your link does not support your claim.

(06-02-2022, 11:37 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: We had an assault weapons ban before in the late 90's. Supreme court also ruled it constitutional. Guess what else Mass shootings went way down. Once again Republicans and some Democrats are putting gun lobbying money before people's safety.

A rise in mass shootings post the lapse of the AWB is not the same thing as a decrease in them following the implementation of the ban. I know the data. I've researched this topic and written white papers on it. There was no decrease in mass shootings following the AWB in 1994. There was a rise following the lapse of the ban. However, this correlation is not at all clear evidence of a causal link. In fact, the lack of a decrease following the passage of the ban is evidence that the end of the AWB is an extraneous variable when looking at the rise in mass shootings.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mass Shooting at San Antonio Elementary School - Belsnickel - 06-02-2022, 02:03 PM