Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Mass Shooting at San Antonio Elementary School
(06-05-2022, 09:08 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I just want to be clear, my commentary about giving semi-auto hunters shit is more about giving them shit and not my actual point-of-view. Yeah, I hunt deer and bear single-shot or bolt action most of the time, but an AR style rifle can actually make hunting more accessible as it reduces the felt recoil to a level that will allow someone who may not be able to handle the full brunt of a .308 to take a shot at a deer or bear. I want more hunters and making the sport more accessible is a part of that.

I concur.  When you're an experienced shooter it can be hard to remember what the recoil from higher bore rifles felt like before you became adept at handling them.  One of my biggest range pet peeves is idiot dudes letting new shooters, especially women, fire 12 gauge magnum shells or big bore rifles.  They think the reaction is funny, when all you're actually doing is turning someone off of shooting permanently.  I handle recoil fairly well, and there isn't a caliber of handgun or rifle that I wouldn't shoot, but a new shooter is nowhere near that.  All that being said, I watched Garand Thumb shooting the new Sig Spear in .227 Fury and was in literal awe of his recoil control, the guy makes me look like a rank amateur.

Quote:Also, I just saw he lived in Ohio and happen to know those laws. They are similar to here, though we do require a background check for private sales, now, which isn't really enforceable.

Of course it isn't enforceable.  Does that include rimfires btw?  I ask because of that recent gotcha news clip of a 13 year old buying a .22lr rifle from a private party that's been making the rounds.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mass Shooting at San Antonio Elementary School - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 06-05-2022, 09:58 PM