Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.43 Average
Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet?
They just used 2 picks on Safeties... 1 being a 1st rounder who, by all accounts, is an outstanding player. The 2nd S, while a 4th rounder, was also highly regarded. Why on Earth would they sign Bates to a huge deal with 2 prospects waiting in the wings?

Whitworth was an aberration. How could the Bengals have possibly known he would continue to play at such a high level this long? It is virtually unheard of in today's NFL. And the guy they drafted to replace him had red flags all over the map.... Hill does not. Nothing like Ced.

I am excited for the Bengals to move on from Bates. I don't hate the guy, but if he cannot fit under the cap at a good enough value to the point they have to let other, stronger players go - like Higgins - then...... "Bye".

Bates has been after a massive deal for 2 years and the Bengals cannot figure out how to get it done. Time has afforded them the pieces in place to move on to other contracts and, at this point, I'm of the opinion that they should. Bates has no leverage at this point.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - IcoHolic - 04-29-2022, 04:16 PM
RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - PDub80 - 06-16-2022, 10:30 AM