Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Mass Shooting at San Antonio Elementary School
(06-27-2022, 12:40 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I blame the chief, who told the officers to stand down when they were trying to go in. That is my main problem, really. The rest of my issues lie with the department for having such shitty equipment that their radios didn't even work inside the school (even when the chief did have someone bring him a radio because for some reason he showed up on the scene without it).

There were several parents trying to do exactly that, but they were told to stand down. Not sure if any of them were handcuffed or not. Meanwhile, they let cops with kids in the school go get them while handcuffing a woman for trying to do the same. Interestingly enough, one of the things I was listening to on this topic said that because the cops did this, it may have in fact created a special relationship in which the police had the obligation to protect the children where they normally don't. But, because qualified immunity requires the established right to be well understood by the officer, the chief cannot be held liable for those actions and would still be protected.

So armed citizens were attempting to intervene and were stopped? 

I can see the police protecting people from uselessly(?) Running unarmed into gunfire, but if they restrained good guys with guns you'd think there would be nuclear heat coming off this. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mass Shooting at San Antonio Elementary School - Nately120 - 06-27-2022, 12:44 PM