Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Mass Shooting at San Antonio Elementary School
(06-27-2022, 12:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote: So armed citizens were attempting to intervene and were stopped? 

I can see the police protecting people from uselessly(?) Running unarmed into gunfire, but if they restrained good guys with guns you'd think there would be nuclear heat coming off this. 

Look, I'm not defending the decision to wait at all, it was the wrong decision. And even though I would have been one of the parents trying to get in, the last thing they needed was for citizens with guns attempting to enter the school. A lot of things are going to happen when you go through that door, and none of them are good. Officers have to go through the fatal funnel and will start taking rounds immediately. While they are being shot, they have to identify where and who the shooter(s) are, and where the innocent people in the room are, in this case children and teachers, before they can determine if it's safe to engage the shooter and return fire. Otherwise, you have cops shooting victims. The last thing they needed were more individuals with guns to try to identify as good guys or bad guys. A lot of things obviously were not done right, but a whole lot of monday morning quarterback politicians and talking heads on tv who never got closer to a situation like this than an episode of Hill Street Blues probably should keep quiet and have a nice cup of STFU. Otherwise, strap on a gun and some Kevlar and show the rest of us how it's done. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mass Shooting at San Antonio Elementary School - Sled21 - 06-28-2022, 10:35 AM