Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beginning of the end, for Obamacare?
(12-04-2015, 06:53 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Single payer locks down prices at the federal level .

My suggestion allows local markets to set their prices.   So low income areas pay less.   Doctors will get what people are willing to pay .  

A doctors charges $100 (made up number) for a visit now because they can ...  I they can get that much under my proposal then they will charge it.   If they can only get $20 then they need more customers.  

Doctors are people and people want to make the most money they can.    It will come down to what people are willing to pay.  That's why I mentioned concierge medicine above.    You pay like a club fee and then get discounted rates.   It's almost like the doctor is insuring you to an extent.   What happens when he insures you.....  He doesn't waste money on useless tests or medicines.

This line of thinking is the same kind of logic tech guys use when they recommend the cheapest printer for your department, without consulting service guys... and you end up with printers that cost more in toner than you paid for them.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Beginning of the end, for Obamacare? - Benton - 12-04-2015, 06:58 PM