Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.43 Average
Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet?
(07-07-2022, 05:01 PM)Au165 Wrote: Take it for what it's worth, but I was told today the Bengals had recently made another offer to Bates with a slightly different approach to see if they can make one last effort on getting him signed before the 15th. This is not from anyone in Cincy but someone from another team, so it's 3rd hand knowledge so again... take that for what it's worth.

Cool, thanks Au. Rock On

(07-07-2022, 05:15 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I'd be happy with letting him play on the tag this year and then reevaluating the situation/tag him again next year. He can play himself into the deal he want's or the deal the Bengals want. Just let Jessie prove it or lose it this year.

If they do lose Bates though, they better be damn sure the retain guys like Higgins/Chase. 

I am with you Weezy on letting him play on the tag this year. If it is on his mind like last regular season and he doesn't play 
well we can let him go afterwards with a couple talented young guys in Dax and Tycen in the wings. If he plays himself out 
of a contract here even better IMO. All this being said I would be fine if we got a deal done too.

Just cannot be a Minkah Fitzpatrick deal. We need money for the guys you mention and Burrow much more than for an 
inconsistent Safety who plays great here and there but has some problems tackling.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - IcoHolic - 04-29-2022, 04:16 PM
RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 07-07-2022, 06:36 PM