Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.43 Average
Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet?
(07-09-2022, 12:10 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: You really think he’s getting that much more endorsements with cincy? Lol
Would a safety on defense get endorsements anyways?

I know offensive players do, but, besides for a select few, I didn't think defenders got many endorsements anymore.

(07-09-2022, 01:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well if he doesn't go all out it is better paying him 12.9 mil than extending him and him not playing all out.

I was seriously disappointed in the way Jessie handled not getting a contract last season.

He should of just went about his bidness and not worried about it. Now I don't know about his mentality.

What if he just takes our offer and is bitter about it? I actually find him playing on the Tag as better insurance now.

But if we extend him and he is good in his head that is the best case scenario.

He is a fantastic Cover 1 Safety with ball hawking skills and great range.

Sounds like he will have to play on the Tag from this.

If we extended him, I think he would go all-out. I think part of the reason that he didn't go all-out until the playoffs was fear of injury.

Without a guarantee beyond this year, would the fear of injury cause him to be cautious again?

I don't think he'll be bitter if we went to him and pointed out all the bigger contracts of higher rated safeties, like I mentioned, and offered him 14 or 15 mil a year.

I think his agent should also be in his ear telling him that the NFL stands for Not For Long, meaning that he should just take a long-term deal now of 14 or 15 because playing cautious for another year could result in injury or it could result in him having an off-year, lowering his market value for other teams.

I'm hoping we go for the tag-and-trade but we'd need him to sign soon for that.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - IcoHolic - 04-29-2022, 04:16 PM
RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - BFritz21 - 07-09-2022, 04:16 PM