Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.43 Average
Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet?
(07-09-2022, 01:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: So true. Bates is a great guy, I just think he got the wrong agent. 

It won't work trying to be demanding with THIS Front Office. They will pay you what you are worth, not much more and 
not at the expense of losing any of the other guys we have to pay.

Bates should know this, the agent should know this, but hey I am just glad we drafted Daxton Hill and Tycen Anderson.

They will just be getting more reps if Jessie doesn't show up and be more pro ready sooner.

This.  Can't stand his agent.  David Mulugheta.  Famous for getting ridiculous guaranteed money.  The Bengals hardly ever guarantee beyond two years of the contract.  Maybe in Au's post, the structure was more guaranteed as an olive branch.  Mulugheta is the guy that got Watson 230 million guaranteed.  Pretty much screwed the Bengals in that deal.  

Want more bad news?  (Sorry)  Mulugheta is also Tee Higgins agent.  Barf. 

Bates will play this year on the tag and will likely get tagged again.  Not a damn thing Mulugheta can do about it.  Bates makes probably $28.5 million over two years (which is probably less than the deal the Bengals are offering) but Mulugheta has his reputation to worry about.  Screw his client, the Bengals, and the league.  

You can bet the Bengals won't cave on this and hold all the cards, frankly.  If they have to, they can do the same thing to Higgins starting next year.  Bates will likely end up somewhere like the Seahawks as they rebuild and the Bengals will have one of the best lineups in the league. 

One other point about Higgins (that I sure as hell don't want to see happen), but a couple WRs got traded for first round picks rather than pay them top dollar this year.  I think that is a precedent that says that young WRs will be available in the draft and you can avoid that huge payday for more than one WR by trading Tee for a first rounder after this season.  I would hate it, but since Mulugheta is his agent, it is a real possibility.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - IcoHolic - 04-29-2022, 04:16 PM
RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - SHRacerX - 07-11-2022, 08:23 AM