Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.43 Average
Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet?
(07-11-2022, 01:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If Bates plays a full season at his bets level then the Bengals may very well give him a long term deal instead of tagging him.

I have always been a big fan of Jessie, but even I was concerned when had admitted he did not play well early in the season because he was thinking of money.  I believe that the Bengals probably made him a reasonable offer for a long term deal, but I don't blame them for being a little leery of a guy whose game suffered because his feelings got hurt.  Most guys in the NFL perform BETTER when they are playing for a contract, not worse.

Yeah, I get that.  The Bengals are one of the most loyal organizations, though.  There has been lots of evidence of that.  However, this conflict/saga seems more about an agent trying to single-handedly change the way NFL contracts are structured.  The Bengals are offering Bates a very good contract...history tells us that, but Bates and his agent think he is worth more and likely MUCH more guaranteed, for a guy coming off his worse season, statistically.  

I think Chido was MUCH more valuable last year and what is he being paid?  8 Million?  Hilton is getting $5 million?  Apple getting $4 million?  When you hear these top dollars for the top safeties, all I can think is how much I prefer having all three of these guys.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - IcoHolic - 04-29-2022, 04:16 PM
RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - SHRacerX - 07-12-2022, 08:47 AM