Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.43 Average
Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet?
(07-16-2022, 04:00 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Ian Rapoport Tweeted that we only offered him 4 million more TOTAL than what he would make on the franchise tag, not 4 million per year.

If that's true, then I don't blame him for not signing the tender and I'm actually pissed at our front office.

I was thinking we were offering him 15 or 16 per and he was declining, but 4 more total is ripping him off.

I thought we were done being cheap?

Only makes sense if the plan was never to sign him long-term, which if we were trying to do the tag and trade, I understand, but I hope we didn't just low ball him.

So 3 points.

1) We drafted his replacement.
2) Basically, the Bengals are choosing Higgins over Bates. Atleast it appears that way.
3) Bates is wildly inconsistent. He's great at times. Average others. If we gave him a huge bonus and he was average...that's bad for us. I'd say Higgins has been more consistent.

It's a risk. Our drafted safeties might not pan out. And Bell is a free agent soon too.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - IcoHolic - 04-29-2022, 04:16 PM
RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - THE PISTONS - 07-18-2022, 09:01 AM