Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.43 Average
Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet?
(07-24-2022, 07:14 PM)GodFather Wrote: I don't think they are even entertaining the idea of trading Bates, and probably one of the big reasons is opening the door of the possibility if a player doesnt get what he wants he can be traded to a team that will give it to him.

Imagine contracts going forward? I want XXX amount or trade me to a team who will give me that.

Yes after this year unless the Bengals franchise him again (which is highly unlikely ) he will sign somewhere else for big money. We know other organizations throw alot of money at free agents (which isn't necessarily a good thing at all )

The players job is to win games and the front office job is to put those players in a realistic position to do that. I see Bates showing up to play this year and next year he will get the money he wants.

I doubt it because the players have to be getting tired of this shit too. They know that, if he stays and half-asses the regular season again, that has an impact on their play and their future contracts, and not to mention the additional money they'd make from playoff games if we were to miss the playoffs.

I think just cutting him could have that effect, but players also have to see that we're offering him a good contract and how many other players could get those kind of offers?

The players want to win and they know that, at this point, Bates might not give them the best opportunity to do that if he half-asses it.

If they were to just cut him, I agree that it might set a negative precedent, but getting value for him instead of just letting his play harm the team is the nature of the business.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - IcoHolic - 04-29-2022, 04:16 PM
RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - BFritz21 - 07-24-2022, 07:27 PM