Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.43 Average
Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet?
(07-24-2022, 10:43 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I have nothing against Bates, but I do have something against a player with a reg season PFF grade of 50 trying to hold the team hostage for a big pay day fkrnthe last 2 seasons... Especially now that they have a 1st round S on the roster who, by all accounts is A+.

That being said, Bates is allowed to and SHOULD maximize his value. I'm super sympathetic to that... I just don't care if it's w the Bengals or not. He is either avg, good, or awesome. Not consistently ekther of the 3. Not worth a crazy amount of money, IMO.

Well forgetting to mention that said player had an All pro season the year before and was rated a 90 during the  playoff run in which the Bengals made the Superbowl.

Also by most accounts both Hill and Anderson (the safeties we drafted) will not be suitable replacements for Bates next season.  Anderson is more of a Box Safety like Bell and Hill is more of a Nickle Back( think Charles Woodson in GB, Ronde Barber, or Malcolm Jenkins). We very well could be drafting a free Safety early next season to replace Bates.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - IcoHolic - 04-29-2022, 04:16 PM
RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - J24 - 07-24-2022, 11:00 PM