Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.43 Average
Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet?
(07-25-2022, 11:00 AM)fredtoast Wrote: $17 million would be top 10 for safeties.  Maybe Bates is worth more than that but not a lot.

But what does it say about a player whose position is "I don't care about how much the total contract is worth.  All I care about is how much I can get if I suck so bad you want to cut me."

I think what the Bengals offered Bates is fair for his level of play last year. If we are looking at 2020 play where he was considered a top safety in the league, I think its a lowball. That's what makes his situation so harry, what player are the Bengals actually paying for? 

I think the Bengals are doing the right thing. Tag him, use another year to evaluate him...and either tag him again and offer him an increased offer or cut bate with him if he still isn't playing up to the contract he wants or you simply don't want to pay him that much.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - IcoHolic - 04-29-2022, 04:16 PM
RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - WeezyBengal - 07-25-2022, 11:09 AM