Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.43 Average
Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet?
(08-03-2022, 09:44 AM)Stewy Wrote: The media and fans opinions are useless on business issues.  The Bengals offered Jesse what they think he's worth.  The FO has been very good of late with player valuation.  Bates will show up the last week of camp, get up to speed and play in the first game.  It's business.  The FO and players get that it is business.  The media and fans clearly do not.

I frankly do not give one happy shyt what the media thinks, and neither should you.

Nice post Stewy, spot on. No one should give a damn what the media thinks, they are a joke.

All they want is click bait.

(08-03-2022, 09:49 AM)Stewy Wrote: Yep.  He has to ball out this year to get paid next year.  If he sits, teams will pick apart his inconsistent play in 2021, that and potentially not playing ball for 18 months would completely erode his value.

Also, just as a reminder, the one player that did sit out had already played on one franchise tag and got paid millions.  Bates has only gotten paid on a 2nd round rookie contract.  The odds of him being able to survive 18 months unemployed financially, is miniscule.

All true, this is it to a T honestly.

(08-06-2022, 01:28 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Yeah, I was thinking maybe I hope he signs, shows up for camp, and then, with how good Dax Hill and Anderson are looking in camp, we just trade him for an offensive lineman to give Burrow more protection because that's obviously the secret to our success.

I understand that the NFL is Not For Long, so players need to make money while they can, but that's exactly why he needed to sign the fair deal we offered him and needs to sign the tag.

He's playing a dangerous game with his career and money right now, IMCO.

We will see, I blame the agent but in the end it is Bates decision on whether or not to sign the Tag.

Holding out against this FO just doesn't work, they don't budge. He should of signed the Tag already and then we could of 
traded him earlier or kept him and worked on a deal he likes more after the season. Him holding out doesn't help him at all.

At least not in this situation with this FO.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - IcoHolic - 04-29-2022, 04:16 PM
RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-06-2022, 02:08 PM