Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.43 Average
Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet?
(08-17-2022, 01:57 PM)tms Wrote: Too many Mike Brown lackeys constantly misrepresent what free agency is. It's not meant to pay you according to where you *rank. "He's 5th-best... therefore he should be paid like #5." Lol no... no... no. - Steve Carell. These are deals (as in the case of Derwin) where you might get paid top dollar today, but by the time the contract expires you'll be way down the list. Maybe 8, maybe 9, maybe 10- who knows where Derwin's same contract will be in 2026. If you want him to be paid 5th-most (or whatever) over the course of the contract, then he'd better be paid #1 upfront. Otherwise you're asking him to take a discount.

Not to mention, guaranteed cash is the only thing that matters in this game. Which is why PBS is no more and Paycor gates are now getting sponsored lol; Burrow and his agent will not be settling for less guaranteed cash than his peers under any circumstances. This is a rule that holds across all position groups (even if their %'s are less). James is getting 55% guaranteed. For the Bengals to think Bates will accept 25% (of whatever total) is like a time machine because it pulls me right back to the 90s. If you're going to nickel & dime these guys, at least trade them for draft capital and allow both sides to move on. Enough of "Cincinnati's Stingy Billionaire." Everyone's tired of that nonsense.

The only thing gaurenteed money does is make sure the team is still paying you even after you get cut. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - IcoHolic - 04-29-2022, 04:16 PM
RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - Synric - 08-17-2022, 02:02 PM