Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.43 Average
Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet?
(08-22-2022, 09:54 AM)casear2727 Wrote: So much wrong in this post:
His agent isnt screwing him whatsoever.  The Bengals offered below market for Bates and he is avoiding injury at this point.

Common sense does NOT say he is hoping Hill is injured. Even if Hill is injured nothing changes - he cannot negotiate a new contract until AFTER the season.  There is no need for leverage, also he has been in contact with Hill.

Bates was the 1st one to every practice last season, both voluntary and mandatory, and he ended up having his shittiest regular season of his career.

He is going to play this season, he and Dax will be fun to watch.

I heard top 3 Safety money is what was offered. Where did you hear below market?

If we truly offered him top 3 Safety money it was way above his market value IMHO.

He is a good, single high Safety in coverage but is inconsistent and can be a poor tackler at times.

That isn't a top 3 Safety. Guaranteed money must be the issue.

(08-22-2022, 11:08 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: do people think Bates will be ready to go day 1 without any practice with the team after a lackluster beginning to 2021 year...

NOPE.

He better sign the Tag and get to practice no doubt.

(08-22-2022, 11:14 AM)PhilHos Wrote: It's why I think Bates signs immediately after the 3rd preseason game (if not sooner) so he gets as much practice as possible before Game 1 of the regular season.

I think so too, he will sign next Monday, the 29th is what I expect and practice as much as possible to try and get up to speed.

Still, what Xeno said could also happen and he isn't ready cause of all of this. I am sure he has kept in shape but that isn't all 
you need to be going into an NFL season. We all saw how distracted he was without a contract early last season. Same thing 
could very well happen and if it does his agent has screwed him contrary to some people's opinions of the agent doing what is
best for him.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - IcoHolic - 04-29-2022, 04:16 PM
RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-22-2022, 01:28 PM