Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.43 Average
Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet?
(08-22-2022, 12:42 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: 1. Because they know we're not going to pay him long-term what he wants so they'll just wait it out for us to cut him. They especially won't trade for him when he can't sign a long-term deal and would be stuck on the franchise tag. They could franchise him again next year to give them time to work out a long-term deal, but they might be afraid that he'd just half-ass the regular season again.

2. Might be right there but I just think they see that Hill is a playmaker and offers more than Bates because Bates could half-ass it again.

I know the guaranteed money was a problem but the Bengals don't offer much guaranteed money beyond the first year. Bates and his agent picked the wrong team to play chicken with about that.

It's not Bates' fault he was drafted by the Bengals.
It's not Bates' fault he was franchise tagged instead of being allowed to hit the market.

Bates isn't "picking the wrong team to play chicken with," he has no choice because of the limitations of the draft and tagging.

Bates is literally using the only leverage he has right now, which is to not sign his tender.
I'm sure he is well aware what not signing it yet means.

He's very, very likely not playing for the Bengals after this season, and he may not even play this season.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - IcoHolic - 04-29-2022, 04:16 PM
RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - ochocincos - 08-22-2022, 01:29 PM