Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.43 Average
Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet?
(08-22-2022, 01:23 PM)Graphicguy Wrote: Was thinking last night watching the game….”how can Bates not want to be a part of what is clearly a team that are having a good time and/or proving themselves?”

I’ve met people in my work, in my personal life, and use casually who have an inflated sense of their worth.  Let’s face facts.  Bates isn’t the best FS out there.  He’s probably not even in the top 5.  He’s a better than average FS, who is inconsistent over the course of a season.  As others have said, sign the tag, come in and play lights out, and the money will come, either with the Bengals or from somewhere else.

IF not, he’s in the same boat he’s in now. It’s not like $13M isn’t among the higher amounts being paid for FS in the NFL.

He’s had the HC plead with him. He’s had Burrow plead with him.  His drama is wearing on me.

Get here and play as good as you think you are. Or, sit out the season and let the team scheme around Dax.  Enough is enough!

What evidence do you have that Zac, Burrow or anyone has pleaded with Bates?  Only fans who have a difficult time comprehending the situation are acting desperately.  His current delay has nothing to do with a new contract.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - IcoHolic - 04-29-2022, 04:16 PM
RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - casear2727 - 08-22-2022, 02:13 PM