Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.43 Average
Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet?
(08-22-2022, 02:15 PM)Synric Wrote: Less gaurenteed money doesnt mean you're making less money. It just means if you are bad and end up getting cut before you finished your contract the team still owes you the gaurenteed portion of the contract.

The Bengals like to do gaurenteed money through signing workout and roster bonuses.

I know exactly what guaranteed money means and how to spell it (just busting balls).  But, I think almost all of us do know this. I also owned a sports media firm for several years and covered the NFL & combines long before cameras were permitted.  I also know exactly how the Bengals work, fan since the mid 70's.

I also think I know how much the guaranteed portion of the contract impacts Bates decision, he has been very vocal about that aspect.

Bates will show up and we will be fine. His next contract is all up to him, I hope he plays lights out.  If not, let Dax take some of his snaps and Bates will have to deal with the repercussions. 

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - IcoHolic - 04-29-2022, 04:16 PM
RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - casear2727 - 08-22-2022, 02:23 PM