Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.43 Average
Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet?
(08-23-2022, 09:21 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Again so many issues with your take. 

#1 Just because the NFLPA negotiated the tag amount does not mean a player has to sign the tag.  Bates never said he had an issue with the amount the tag paid.

Of course he didn't, but you think he wouldn't have signed it if it was $20 million?  The amount mattered.  Duh.  

#2. You are not taking into account important dates.  The draft is well before the July 15th cutoff date to negotiate new contracts for tagged players.

And the Bengals knew after two failed attempts over two years they were at an impass...before the draft. 

#3 Bates is not sitting out the entire season.  Nobody cares what is leaked from the agents, it is all negotiating tactics that we see every off season amongst various teams.

It wasn't leaked... Bates said it himself.  Big difference.

#4 The Bengals history of honoring contracts has zero to do with Bates' desire for more guaranteed money.   Not to mention we just broke a contract with a very expensive injured player this past season...

It has everything to do with it.   

#5. You have no idea what the offer was from the Bengals other than the guaranteed amount, no one does, as it has never been released.

It was released.  

#6 Why are you trying to convince me Bates shouldnt want more guaranteed money since others didnt get it?  That has zero relevance to Bates own deal and I have never advocated for overpaying Bates - but I do understand the situation.

It's called understanding who you work for.

#7.What a weird take to think that Bates is concerned about the guaranteed aspect due to his reputation... seriously?  I enjoy and agree with most of your posts but this makes zero sense?

I agree Bates and Hill will be very enjoyable and hopefully Bates plays lights out for us this season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - IcoHolic - 04-29-2022, 04:16 PM
RE: Why the **** is Jessie Bates not signed yet? - SHRacerX - 08-24-2022, 09:03 AM