Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do we need Offensive Lineman In The 2023 Draft
Zach's tendency has been to go with productive guys over physical specimen's/workout warriors.

Generally, I think it is a good philosophy. If a guy cannot figure it out in college, the likelihood he does in the pro's is remote. If you are a good football player, the tape should reflect that. Consistently. A guy who was not productive in college being productive in the pro's is a bad bet.

Now, it can lead to missing on some guys. I loved Tariq Woolen at CB last year. Off the chart measureables at CB. But a former WR who had not played CB very long. I'd have taken him over CTB for certain (who I thought was more a Rd 3 guy). But Woolen lasted until the 5th Round, and now he has, what, 6 picks? A lot of teams employ that same philosophy. But a position switcher is a time you might want to look to make an exception. Especially an offense to defense switch. I also liked Marcus Jones at CB (Rd 3 on) and the Pats nabbed him in Rd 3, but his size screamed slot, and with Hilton, Davis, and Hill in hand, I get not drafting a slot corner. But he is sticky enough to play outside some, already won a game on a punt return TD (on the last play) and played a little WR as well at Houston. The Bengals value good tacklers in the secondary, given our division, I get it. Plus, Lou plays a lot of zone.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do we need Offensive Lineman In The 2023 Draft - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 12-21-2022, 02:07 PM