Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
State Department sued for withholding refugee records
(12-16-2015, 12:27 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: K-1 or K-3 visa's shouldn't have any exceptions to circumvent the criteria.    Hiding behind saying that your culture doesn't allow you to see your wife before you marry isn't an excuse.   There is a criteria set and it should be the same for all.   That's all I am saying.   I am speaking to the policy that the administration allowed these short cuts.    If you can't show that you and your fiancé or wife have had a history is being together that includes more than a dating site or whatsapp.   Should be able to see a history of flights, hotel reservations, visiting visa applications, photos, friends and family should know about them.  

Now if you want to take away those standards then it should be the same for all.    But then you get back to the rush of Ukrainian, Georgian and filipino women coming over to marry americans.  Which is fine but we need to be consistent.

I just don't see the shortcut.

"You want to kill infidels? GREAT! Oh, you aren't willing to lie and say we've already met? Nuts, I guess we'll give up."

Mellow

As far as the cultural exception, meh. A family I grew up with was from Greece. They were Christians. Their two sons had arranged marriages. Their daughter had an arranged marriage with someone from Greece she'd never met. It's not all third world countries, or religions you deem inferior. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: State Department sued for withholding refugee records - Benton - 12-16-2015, 12:54 AM