Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Nikki Haley announces her run for President
(03-19-2023, 11:44 AM)GMDino Wrote: This is the kind of thing I find really disturbing about the right.  And that their supporters don't see the problem with it is equally disturbing.  

But she has to chase Trump for the authoritarian vote.

Again, for a political base that has gone full contrarian mode they really seem to miss that being told to or forced to do something by your government or elders isn't exactly a slam-dunk way to foster compliance and acceptance.  And I say that as a rather bland person who had to autopilot his way through a daily dose of pledge and prayers.  Hell, I went to a school where we'd go church as a school every friday and the teacher would watch you and if you didn't sing or respond enough in those monotone manners that were burned into you, you'd get a lovely C or D in Religion on your report card.

The GOP is so damn picky and illogical.  It's important to comply when the government tells you to stand and pledge the flag or to go fight in war, but it's your patriotic duty to not comply when the government tells you to wear a mask or get a vaccine.  That's not even getting into their grasp upon sexuality and morality.  What a pain in the ass, it all comes down to a playbook that is so hypocritical and illogical that it requires translation by Tucker Carlson or Donald Trump.

They'll tell you what is moral.  They'll tell you how taking your son to Hooters isn't sexual abuse but taking him to Cabaret is, they'll tell you how a guy like Trump is more Jesus-ey than a guy like Jimmy Carter.  It doesn't make sense, so that's why you need someone to sit you down and explain it all to you.  Freedom and stuff.

Ok, rant mode over.  I need to go say 3 Hail Mary's and sing O' Canada now.

tl;dr - didn't we all say  the pledge every morning growing up?  It sure as shinola wasn't an option in my life from kindergarten to grade 12.  Shouldn't everyone be a republican by now?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nikki Haley announces her run for President - Nately120 - 03-19-2023, 12:32 PM