Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So what now when it comes to the TE room?
(03-24-2023, 10:30 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: how is Carman hurting the roster? When he couldnt beat out Adeniji. When he couldnt beat out a mediocre Volson.

and now the bengals would like Jonah to play RT.

and they signed Brown to play LT even with Carman's playoff performance

JC's going into his 3rd year and is still a back up right now

I've come to the following determination with draft picks over the years - A 1st rounder should be starting by some point in their 2nd year. A 2nd rounder should be starting some point by their 3rd year. A 3rd rounder by some point in their 4th year. Day 3 picks it's a pure luxury if they ever start.
Carman just finished his 2nd year, so I don't personally have an expectation that he should be starting quite yet. I do expect him to be starting sometime before the end of this year, otherwise that's a disappointment to me.

Naturally they Bengals are going to pick Orlando Brown at LT over Carman if they had the ability to, which they did.
RT they said Carman is in the mix.

As for getting beat out by Adeniji and Volson, I am surprised he got beat out by Adeniji as a rookie, although it could have been something consistency-related or effort-related, not necessarily skill-related. Ultimately though, I think he's better suited outside than at OG.

I'm waiting until this coming year is over to make a judgement on Carman, personally.
I can understand some may expect/want draft picks to contribute faster though.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: So what now when it comes to the TE room? - ochocincos - 03-26-2023, 07:25 PM