Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Biden overstepped his authority and SC stopped loan forgiveness
(07-03-2023, 07:22 PM)pally Wrote: You have every right to be proud of your family and their success. 

What I find sad though, is people, like you, who are so engrossed in their own reality and history that they simply seemingly lack the ability to understand that most of the world doesn't share the same ones.  Their lives today are different from yours because their life and family histories are different and faced different obstacles...some were put in place because of their skin color or sex.  

Your family history was built for you.  You had no say in it.  You weren't responsible for the laws in place 120 years ago that allowed them a step up.  I never said you were. But you should understand that your family history didn't happen in a vacuum and that it reflects the times and locations that it took place in.  

I don't recall Leon stating his family was given farm land 120 years ago. My hunch is his family bought the land as an investment. I have no idea is the purchaser was 30 years old or 60 years old, but I assume they earned the money and no one gave it to them because they were white.

Leon also made a decision, to work the farm with his family. Farming is very hard work, you dismiss it because he is a white male. You are right about one thing, it is a far different America in 2023 than it was in 1960. Racism will always exist with the ignorant. A racist can be any color of skin in today' world. We are not a perfect country, but time for everyone to look forward versus what happened a long time ago.

I applaud Leon for his path, I applaud LeBron James for his work ethic to become one of the best BB players (with MJ) of all time. I applaud Obama for becoming the POTUS for not 1, but 2 terms. I am hopeful we will soon see a woman become POTUS, not because she is a woman or the color of her skin, but because the nation feels she is best to run our great country.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biden overstepped his authority and SC stopped loan forgiveness - Luvnit2 - 07-03-2023, 08:55 PM