Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama
(10-03-2023, 09:30 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Has the chance risen that there will be shutdown when that temporary deal expires? And I wonder how much of this angle is what the Dems are hoping for as they can use it as political ammunition going into the holiday season.

We can at least be sure that right wrong or otherwise if/when the government shuts down and regular people suffer both sides will be using it as ammunition to whip up support for their own sides.

With that being said, I think democrats' only real strategy behind voting to remove McCarthy is that when he was under threat from his own party they offered to protect him if he offered them something and he said "no deal."  Given how left-leaning voters continuously whine that their party is spineless and doesn't do anything, I'd say McCarthy put them in a position where they had to (surprisingly) do something after being slapped in the proverbial face.

Will any of this matter in 13 months if it's Biden v Trump part II?  Meh, maybe not.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - pally - 10-03-2023, 12:35 PM
RE: Vote to oust McCarthy set for Tues - Nately120 - 10-03-2023, 09:35 PM
House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - pally - 10-20-2023, 01:10 PM
RE: House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - CJD - 10-20-2023, 01:42 PM
RE: House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - CJD - 10-25-2023, 06:18 PM