Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama
(10-05-2023, 11:36 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Yes she whined, why bring it up at all?

Certain offices are reserved and she was in one of them. She knew that it was only a matter of time before someone wanted hers.

"whined"

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/oct/04/nancy-pelosi-republican-patrick-mchenry-office-kevin-mccarthy-speaker

Quote:“With all of the important decisions that the new Republican leadership must address, which we are all eagerly awaiting, one of the first actions taken by the new speaker pro tempore was to order me to immediately vacate my office in the Capitol,” Pelosi said in a statement on Tuesday night.

“Sadly, because I am in California to mourn the loss of and pay tribute to my dear friend Dianne Feinstein, I am unable to retrieve my belongings at this time.”

Feinstein, the longest-serving female senator, died last week at 90. At 83 and with two stints as House speaker behind her, from 2007 to 2011 and 2019 to 2023, Pelosi has attained similar stature on Capitol Hill.

Speakers traditionally give their predecessors access to “hideaway” offices near the House floor after they step down.

On Tuesday, Pelosi’s Republican successor as speaker, Kevin McCarthy, was politically defenestrated by hard-right figures in his own party, the first speaker ever removed in such fashion.

McCarthy accorded Pelosi the usual office-based courtesy but amid Republican anger over Democrats’ refusal to support McCarthy against his rightwing rebellion, McHenry made the order to evict.

According to Politico, an email from a Republican aide to the House administration committee told Pelosi: “Please vacate the space tomorrow, the room will be re-keyed.”

The office, the site said, would be reassigned for “speaker office use”.

Steny Hoyer of Maryland, a former House majority leader under Pelosi, was also reportedly ordered to move.

Pelosi said: “This eviction is a sharp departure from tradition. As speaker, I gave former [Republican] speaker [Dennis] Hastert a significantly larger suite of offices for as long as he wished.”

Given one day while she was across the country and she is the whiner?  Not hardly.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - pally - 10-03-2023, 12:35 PM
RE: Vote to oust McCarthy set for Tues - GMDino - 10-05-2023, 12:17 PM
House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - pally - 10-20-2023, 01:10 PM
RE: House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - CJD - 10-20-2023, 01:42 PM
RE: House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - CJD - 10-25-2023, 06:18 PM