Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama
(10-16-2023, 10:40 AM)Nately120 Wrote: As I've said before, I"m a bit surprised democrats didn't just support McCarthy for fear of the GOP putting someone worse into power.  Democrats have been criticized as being a bit spineless and we're talking about a political party that has completely softened on Bush and Liz Cheney and considered Charlie Crist a legitimate democratic candidate for governor in FL simply because the MAGA folks don't think they're dedicated enough to the cause, so to speak.

For good or ill, I'm surprised democrats in the house didn't just say "Well, McCarthy kisses Trump's ass and won't work with us, but if we don't support him the next guy will probably kiss Trump's ass even harder and extra not work with us...so I guess we support Kevin after all."

They still have time to lie down and let the GOP walk all over them, er...I mean compromise.

Careful, you're going to be accused of becoming a conservative and solely blaming the Dems making nuanced points like this.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - pally - 10-03-2023, 12:35 PM
RE: Vote to oust McCarthy set for Tues - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 10-16-2023, 11:14 AM
House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - pally - 10-20-2023, 01:10 PM
RE: House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - CJD - 10-20-2023, 01:42 PM
RE: House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - CJD - 10-25-2023, 06:18 PM