Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama
(10-16-2023, 11:47 AM)GMDino Wrote: Possibly, but also its possible this won't be the last thing the gop shits the bed on before 2024.  There will be lots to pick from vs the Democrats helping them fill the seat.

I will admit that if the Democrats had voted to keep McCarthy the temper tantrum Gaetz, et al would have thrown would have been must see tv.

Would Gaetz still have the power to call a vote to oust McCarthy again?  Could he do it enough times that McCarthy, Trump's pick for speaker, ends up getting thousands of votes from democrats?  Stuff like that could keep enough maybe anti-Trump votes at home sick in 2024 and get the TRUMP RETRIBUTION TOUR right on track. EDIT - numbers wise that doesn't make sense but narrative wise people would listen to it.

That's my 2 cents.  Disenfranchising voters is the bread and/or butter of the GOP platform and they'd have a compelling narrative to spin with more than usual amounts of evidence to back it up this time. 

(10-16-2023, 11:56 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: No, he isn't. In fact, McCarthy is pretty far to the right. The difference between him and the "Freedom" caucus folks is that he understands the institutions better.

Ok, so critics are expecting democrats to support a pretty far right guy?  Seems like the GOP could at least find someone left of McCarthy if they want to rake democrats over the coals for fudging up our lovely House.  Democrats voting for a pretty far right republican?  Well, I'm still surprised they didn't just do it and try to dupe themselves into thinking voters would reward them for compromising .
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - pally - 10-03-2023, 12:35 PM
RE: Vote to oust McCarthy set for Tues - Nately120 - 10-16-2023, 11:56 AM
House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - pally - 10-20-2023, 01:10 PM
RE: House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - CJD - 10-20-2023, 01:42 PM
RE: House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - CJD - 10-25-2023, 06:18 PM