Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama
(10-18-2023, 07:32 PM)pally Wrote:
by law, the House can't legislate without a Speaker so if there is no Speaker the House does nothing.  The government shuts down in 4 weeks.

Kevin McCarthy not only gave his minority the gun to shoot him with he gave them the bullet.  Republicans have enough votes to name the leader of their majority.  They just have to act like adults, a big stretch I know, and choose a candidate they can all agree on or choose someone that will work with the Democrats for their votes.  Republicans though they have said they won't work across the aisle.  
The world knows which party is organized and ready to work and which is imitating a circus, not able to get out of their own way.  It won't be the Democrats who get blamed.  IT is amusing though to see Republicans whining about Democrats not coming to their rescue

If you read my post, that was my point. Do nothing and let the politics play out while no more spending for Ukraine nor Israel. Biden gave Hamas (says for Palestinians so don't steal it Hamas) 100 million. Which part of over 60% voting for Hamas leadership is Biden failing to understand. The majority of Palestinians want to wipe Israel and every Jew off the map. 

No House in Session means no more spending our grand children's money with wasteful spending and government being too big.

It will handcuff the Democratic Senate led majority and the Democratic President. Let the sides go to their corners and fight the PR war on whom to blame, I see arguments on both sides. That is what I meant by calling Jeffries bluff, shut it down by not electing a speaker or both sides can be reasonable and choose a speaker from the majority side.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - pally - 10-03-2023, 12:35 PM
RE: Vote to oust McCarthy set for Tues - Luvnit2 - 10-18-2023, 11:18 PM
House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - pally - 10-20-2023, 01:10 PM
RE: House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - CJD - 10-20-2023, 01:42 PM
RE: House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - CJD - 10-25-2023, 06:18 PM