Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama
(10-18-2023, 11:18 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: If you read my post, that was my point. Do nothing and let the politics play out while no more spending for Ukraine nor Israel. Biden gave Hamas (says for Palestinians so don't steal it Hamas) 100 million. Which part of over 60% voting for Hamas leadership is Biden failing to understand. The majority of Palestinians want to wipe Israel and every Jew off the map. 

No House in Session means no more spending our grand children's money with wasteful spending and government being too big.

It will handcuff the Democratic Senate led majority and the Democratic President. Let the sides go to their corners and fight the PR war on whom to blame, I see arguments on both sides. That is what I meant by calling Jeffries bluff, shut it down by not electing a speaker or both sides can be reasonable and choose a speaker from the majority side.

There isn't anything that says the speaker has to be a member of the majority party, which is why when democrats were the majority republicans didn't have to vote for Nancy Pelosi or another democrat to be speaker and McCarthy received all 209 republican votes.  If we just say it's the responsibility of the house to elect a speaker from the majority party that's going to change things pretty drastically.  Of course we're already in unprecedented (there is that word again) territory now, so maybe the idea is that if a speaker can't be chosen it's time to eliminate voting for anyone who isn't in the minority party...or is this some new unspoken rule we want them to just start following now and probably never again?

With that being said, Patrick McHenry is the most likely candidate to be the next speaker so democrats are probably going to cross party lines and be hammered for it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - pally - 10-03-2023, 12:35 PM
RE: Vote to oust McCarthy set for Tues - Nately120 - 10-19-2023, 06:28 AM
House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - pally - 10-20-2023, 01:10 PM
RE: House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - CJD - 10-20-2023, 01:42 PM
RE: House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - CJD - 10-25-2023, 06:18 PM