Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama
(10-20-2023, 06:08 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Actually, I'm fine with that.  Not sure that I cared much for him to begin with.  I just hope that there is one voice that can unite the entire party, as well as negotiate bills well enough to get bipartisan support.

Not sure that this magical, mythical leader actually exists.  In either party..

19 votes to get a grand total of 1 speaker who didn't even last a year makes me think the GOP should choose the willing democrat they find the least reprehensible.  They have a 9 seat majority which would disappear in a second if Trump demanded that everyone who follows him should change to the TRUMP PARTY, or something.  They keep acting like they're up 50+ seats and should have unquestioned control of things.

Republicans insisting they want/need bi partisan support while being extremely specific about the type of republican they will accept this support for is the political equivalent of that cliche where your wife won't tell you where she wants to go for dinner but you have to go down the list until you "pick" the specific place she wants to go.

The GOP pulling the plug on empowering McHenry shows their pleas for democrats to vote for a republican to keep things open are more than a bit disingenuous.  To think these schlubs did nothing for weeks and now they're punching out until Monday...and American civilians are talking about using their 2A rights to shoot each other.  Go figure.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - pally - 10-03-2023, 12:35 PM
House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - pally - 10-20-2023, 01:10 PM
RE: House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - CJD - 10-20-2023, 01:42 PM
RE: House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - Nately120 - 10-20-2023, 06:24 PM
RE: House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - CJD - 10-25-2023, 06:18 PM