Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama
(10-22-2023, 01:36 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I am not talking about Democrats voting FOR a Republican or helping to get a new Speaker chosen.

I am talking about how Democrats voting to remove the Speaker in the first place, to create the need for a new Speaker, means it's not 100% a situation of the Republicans making with the Democrats having absolutely zero responsibility for.

If 2% of the population wants something to happen, and then 49% of the population votes with that 2% to allow that thing to happen, both the 2% and the 49% of the population is responsible for that thing happening. You can't vote for something to happen and then wash your hands and pretend you had zero participation in the results.

Democrats in the House weren't put into power to keep McCarthy in power.  They removed McCarthy, the refusal of the house to plan to replace him is on the GOP. 

But as ive said, I'm beyond surprised democrats haven't just caved in and given the GOP what they want yet.  They still can and then they'll get zero credit for being well meaning doormats. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - pally - 10-03-2023, 12:35 PM
House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - pally - 10-20-2023, 01:10 PM
RE: House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - CJD - 10-20-2023, 01:42 PM
RE: House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - Nately120 - 10-22-2023, 02:01 PM
RE: House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - CJD - 10-25-2023, 06:18 PM