Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama
(10-24-2023, 02:40 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: It's still a Republican shitshow of mostly their own doing, and I sure hope that the Gaetz/Jordan side doesn't come out on top of the Republicans internal fighting, for the sake of this country's stability (and for the sake of common sense). I just thought it was funny that the left side of this board seem to think that their folks have zero connection to events transpiring. Lol

Here is how I would describe the Democratic part in this mess. The Republican caucus was looking to essentially assassinate McCarthy like the Roman senators assassinated Julius Caesar. The Democrats saw this and helped smuggle in the blades, the tools to do the job. They egged on the situation in the hopes to reap the benefits of the discord within the GOP caucus.

What we have to hope doesn't happen is what happened to the Roman Republic in the wake of Caesar's death. I know that this elevates McCarthy's role, but keep in mind that for those that study democratic theory there have been some serious warning signs for well over a decade regarding cracks in our framework.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - pally - 10-03-2023, 12:35 PM
House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - pally - 10-20-2023, 01:10 PM
RE: House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - CJD - 10-20-2023, 01:42 PM
RE: House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - Belsnickel - 10-24-2023, 08:40 AM
RE: House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - CJD - 10-25-2023, 06:18 PM