Poll: Who Wins In The Wild Card
Bengals
Steelers
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Its Official: Steelers Vs Bengals Wild Card
(01-03-2016, 10:26 PM)GodFather Wrote: Your forgetting one important point. The Marvin Lewis factor. This guy has yet to prepare any of his teams for the playoffs. Do you honestly believe this year he gets it right? I don't, simply because he would've figured it out by now. We will get out coached yet again, and fans will feel disgusted for yet another offseason.*

*Marvin giggles when signing extension 3 months later*

I'm not exactly Marvin Lewis' biggest fan either -- but I do believe in Hue Jackson, Paul Guenther, and Darrin Simmons.  They have enough combined talent to overcome Marvin's lack of it.

Here's the thing on Marvin -- and I'm going to use an analogy to which, Godfather, you can relate personally.  Remember in the Mario Puzo novel where, during the war among the Five Families, when Santino dismisses Tom Hagen? Santino assessed that Tom, effective as he was, was not a wartime consiglieri.  It is the same with Marvin:  A drafting genius, a regular season guru, but when the playoffs come around he crumples like a HoHo in a fat chick's back pocket.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Its Official: Steelers Vs Bengals Wild Card - Fan_in_Kettering - 01-03-2016, 10:37 PM