Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread***
(03-11-2024, 05:34 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Its hard to let someone grow when they are not doing a good job.  Zach Carter was our 3rd round draft pick in 2022.  Maybe we should let him start and grow then that's one less DT we need.  Volson was the pick after Carter maybe he just needs a little more time to grow.  

Just because someone has been on the team 1 or 2 years doesnt mean we cant upgrade that position.

Not saying you can't, but essentially you've lost that draft pick at the point you decided to relegate them to backup.
Now how much have you essentially invested into a position by giving up on an early-round draft pick when it could have gone toward someone else?

My point is sometimes people are quick to move on after just 1 season or less of playing time, and relegating to backup essentially dooms that player from ever becoming a starter down the road again for that team.

For me personally, I don't like to give up quite that fast on a guy they (or I) thought so highly of to invest such an early draft pick.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 NFL Free Agency Thread - phil413 - 03-11-2024, 01:20 PM
RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - ochocincos - 03-11-2024, 05:39 PM
RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - IcoHolic - 03-13-2024, 04:14 AM