Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread***
(03-12-2024, 12:05 AM)Ell Prez Wrote: I’m very confused by the start of this off-season. We have tons of money to spend. I’m not naive, I know it’s not over yet, but what was their plan? They don’t want to spend on Tee, they didn’t get the top TE, they didn’t get the top couple DT’s, no edge rusher, CB. They signed a rotational S. Who are they targeting? Are they expecting a Chase extension that’s going to be closer to 40M APY? I’m just honestly confused. It feels like we don’t have a strategy and that’s the confusing part. I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt because they’ve done pretty well the last couple free agency’s.

Stone is not a rotational guy. He is a starter. He led the league in picks last year and is near elite in terms of pass coverage grades. Both he and Battle were top 15 in the league. Now, he is not a great run stopper, but he is usually a deep FA, so not as muchbof a factor. Overall, he has been grading out (PFF) in the low 70s. 

I thought we overpaid for D. Sample & ADG. But OK. We are paying Sample like he is a starter. Hope that is not true. This isn't backbreaking numbers or anything.

The Moss thing confuses me a bit. I mean we save about $2 mil. And he is a better pass blocker. But otherwise, Mixon has the edge. Didn't think we'd cut Joe unless it is a coear upgrade. 

We have around $32 mil left according to my guestimate. $34 if we cut Scott. 

Sone guys still on the board: 

DT: Reader, Armstead, Rankins 
OT: Smith, Brown 
CB: Fuller 

Getting that extra 3rd rounder helps. I'd say our needs amount to:

1) Run stopping NT/DT (Reader)
2) Pass Rushing DT (Armstead)
3) Starting OT (Smith, Brown) 
4) Starting level boundary corner (Fuller) 
---------------
5) WR3 (draft, Boyd)
6) Starting level TE (healthy Hurst, draft)

If we can plug at least 2 more of those in FA, we have 4 top 100 picks for the others. If it is Reader +1 of the other big fish, I'd be ecstatic.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 NFL Free Agency Thread - phil413 - 03-11-2024, 01:20 PM
RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 03-12-2024, 12:28 AM
RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - IcoHolic - 03-13-2024, 04:14 AM