Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread***
(03-12-2024, 09:58 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Seems like the plan was to retain important depth pieces at TE, OL, LB/STs. Then they addressed a serious issue at coverage Safety, and then proceeded to get younger, cheaper and more dynamic at RB, and are showing interest in a good Cover CB.  They strike me as definitely having a plan, just not the one that you had in mind.

So resigning a back up TE, back up LB, back up RB (Trayveon), back up OT (Ford), and a S who may start may be rotational with our 1st round investment Hill, not trade or extend one of our best players while sitting on 50M in cap space….thats the plan? Yeah I’d say that isn’t my plan. That can’t be the Bengals plan. I know it’s not, hence the confusion.

Their plan is to either spend that money on Tee or pay for who? There are still players out there, but who actually makes our team better. I’ve been a big proponent for trading Tee but that was to only use that Cap space to sign a player of his quality at a different position. If we let Tee walk next year for nothing and don’t use that money to replace our team with another top 100 NFL player- we certainly aren’t better.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 NFL Free Agency Thread - phil413 - 03-11-2024, 01:20 PM
RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Ell Prez - 03-12-2024, 10:09 AM
RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - IcoHolic - 03-13-2024, 04:14 AM