Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread***
(03-12-2024, 09:52 AM)Ell Prez Wrote: You’re not accounting for all of the loses we had. We lost our RT, CB, DT. And we signed a S. How did that make us better? We have a lot of work to do. I know we’ll fill the holes, I’m just very confused on what the strategy is. Who do they want to pay? We have 50M in cap space. They don’t want to give it to Tee. So which big free agents do they want? They have a massive hole at RT and DT. The Bengals are not dumb enough to say, we’ll find 2 starters in the draft. So which FA will they get? I’m not saying it’s been a bad offseason, it just started. I’m just saying what’s the plan? To me, it seems like they don’t have one. I would have expected either a long term deal with Tee OR 1 big free agent at either RT or DT considering the massive holes there.

So far, no, we have not improved. Until we sign just one of a DT or RT, then we can see if we upgraded. We can fill one of RT DT with pick 18, but certainly not both.

We were never going to be able to fill all our holes in FA. Nor in the draft. It is gonna have to be some of each. 

So far it has been Stone + depth (D. Sample, ADG, Ford, T. Williams) + a lateral move with the Moss/Mixon moves. And we turned a 6th round pick into a 3rd. 

We have the $$ to go Reader + 1 big fish. I'd hope it is a 3T or CB1. Armstead & Fuller are out there, but they, and Reader, are a little older than we usually go in FA. 

Then go around the edges. I would love to bring Hudson back. A low priced flier on Hurst and/or La'el Collins. 

If we get a Godfather offer for Tee, take it. Otherwise, no. Two 2nds from Carolina (33 & 39). 1 second and top of 3rd from them might get it done for me. 33 & 65 yes. 39 & 65 is iffy. 

IF there is a Tee deal, then that probably means another bigger fish incoming. My current dream would be Reader + Armstead + Fuller. Then the D is set entering the draft save for a depth piece or two (Tupou, Bailey, Bachie). And the draft is nearly all about O (OT, WRs, TE, IOL, RB. P or DT possible.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 NFL Free Agency Thread - phil413 - 03-11-2024, 01:20 PM
RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 03-12-2024, 10:15 AM
RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - IcoHolic - 03-13-2024, 04:14 AM