Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread***
(03-15-2024, 02:33 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: I don’t even know where to start. Are you saying you rather have signed Wilkins and no one listed above? Our TE room would be empty, our RB more expensive (tbd on production), and some other veteran contributors/leaders to the team?

In a vacuum I do understand your frustration, but until we see how that money is allocated… hard to say if we have done a good job or not. This FO will never get into a bad cap situation… period. Maybe an extension for tee is going to come, but they need to see what available cap that they have this year. Same goes for Chase, but with him having two years left… much less important to 2024 Cap.

If Christian Wilkins was the end all/be all like some are saying… wouldn’t they have locked him up like the chiefs locked up
Chris jones?

Dolphins are still over the Cap, they had no chance to resign him.

But yes, I’m saying I’d rather have Wilkins than all those players. However it wouldn’t even had to have been either or. We still have what, 20M left?

My point more so was, we signed all these cheap players that won’t make the same impact as 1 starting DT who is a force.

We have 10 draft picks? We can fill the roster with those picks. If SB is our goal, especially considering were basically renting Tee for 1 year, we need impact players, not a 3M TE on a 1 year deal, or a 4th safety, or a special teams linebacker. My main complaint is roster management. We’re managing the cap just fine, but I don’t think we’re gearing up for a 1-2 year SB window. Feels like we’re trying to just be competitive again. In which case, do we need a WR for 1 year only at 21M? Either sign him or trade him, at this point. If we went all in, then the franchise tag makes sense. It just seems like we don’t have direction.

But I get it. I’m sure the front office feels with a healthy Burrow, next year will be better. Which it will, no doubt. But making a SB is extremely difficult and you have to build an all star team. Right now we have 4 all stars. Burrow, Chase, Higgins, Hendrickson. I don’t believe that’s enough. I’d rather have 2 more all stars and less “fill the room” guys.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 NFL Free Agency Thread - phil413 - 03-11-2024, 01:20 PM
RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - IcoHolic - 03-13-2024, 04:14 AM
RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Ell Prez - 03-15-2024, 02:48 PM