Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread***
(03-16-2024, 12:25 PM)spazz70 Wrote: Agreed BUT...the article that I read stated that they gave permission to Higgins to seek a trade....so, why no trade?

Are the Bengals asking too much?

Is Higgin's value not as much as he/his agent thought?

I asked this a few days ago in another thread....Basically is Tee a WR1?

If he is/thinks he is then a 1st round draft pick should be the only compensation.

If he is not/Bengals do not view him as that then the money being asked is not proper.

Ridley is a best case comparison at this point....Dude has been injured....Dude was suspended for gambling while injured....He had a similar season to Higgins average season a couple years ago....1000 yards...8 or so TDs....Ridley just signed for 23 mil per year....92 total/50 guaranteed.

My conclusion from above ...trade Tee now for whatever you can get that is reasonable...a late first/early second.....second rounder/4th rounder....he is not going to be here long term just from Ridley's contract....Higgins would be looking for 26-30 mil with more guaranteed if this is what Ridley is getting and rightly so if that is the market.  Higgins is 10 times the player that Ridley is statistically and on and off the field.

The Ridley signing may hurt more than we think as other teams may not be able/wanting to pay Higgins what his perceived value is in a trade.

For all those saying Bengals worry too much about future cap to pay players now to win. How would trading a very good WR now help us in 2024?  In 2025 as we also can tag him again?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 NFL Free Agency Thread - phil413 - 03-11-2024, 01:20 PM
RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - IcoHolic - 03-13-2024, 04:14 AM
RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Luvnit2 - 03-16-2024, 01:08 PM