Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread***
(03-26-2024, 09:30 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: You are right about displacement costs, but I do not start with Archimedes until we get to 53 signed guys I think have a non-longshot chance at the roster. PS/Future's guys don't clear that hurdle for me.

Right now, we are at 50. YMMV, of course.

I do not really care about the off-season cap number. Especially since we are comfortably under & I do not think we are looking for a big signing that would push us close to being over.

I think using a projection of the regular season number (with 53 and PS) gives a more accurate picture of where we are at & why we are doing what we are doing. And it is gonna run $6-$7 mil higher than the off-season number.

I stand corrected on my previous post on cap space.

It is very confusing. I looked at other teams as well. Based on cap space and practice squad now many teams are way over the cap. I found that comforting knowing we have cap space when everything is accounted for, but team like Browns are 20 million over the cap.

This means post June 1st and after the draft some teams will be forced to cut players. They won't be able to cut enough scrubs, they will cut bigger money cap hits.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 NFL Free Agency Thread - phil413 - 03-11-2024, 01:20 PM
RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - IcoHolic - 03-13-2024, 04:14 AM
RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Luvnit2 - 03-27-2024, 01:33 PM