Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread***
(04-15-2024, 04:00 PM)PDub80 Wrote: The Bengals have PLENTY of cap space this season and into the future to sign Higgins. PLENTY. I think they just don't want to.... or have a different plan. You know what I'm saying, Natester. Not plan A. Not plan B, or C, or H, or I... I think the Bengals are on to plan Double J.

I think you forget it takes both sides to agree to the terms of a contract. The tag buys the 2 SIDES time to work out a deal or if Bengals want to go in another direction, they hold the cards.

I understand many are frustrated, but this is not just the Bengals who tag and have player play on the tag. The Chiefs tagged Jones in 2023, he went on to have a great year and was signed long term in 2024.

Would you say the Chiefs had no plan in 2023 when the 2 sides could not agree on a long-term deal?

I have no idea what Tee and his agent are asking for in terms of money and guarantees? 

But, if we don't trade Tee prior to or during the draft, I think their plan B was to have Tee play on the tag in 2024. Plan A was likely to sign him to a reasonable deal long term in that scenario.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 NFL Free Agency Thread - phil413 - 03-11-2024, 01:20 PM
RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - IcoHolic - 03-13-2024, 04:14 AM
RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Luvnit2 - 04-15-2024, 04:32 PM