Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread***
(05-03-2024, 10:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yep. Karras was actually the highest graded OL on the team.

And like you said, our offense, and a gimpy Burrow did these guys no favors early on.

Thought so. ThumbsUp 

I expect this OL especially with Trent Brown at RT and Cordell Volson growing to be much better this year if Burrow is healthy.

(05-03-2024, 10:41 PM)jj22 Wrote: Either way I would have liked to see a higher sense of urgency to draft a guard to at least have an option next offseason so you don’t have to re-sign Karras and Cappa.

Even if they planned to re-sign both or either, we’ve seen how that can turn out in an offseason.

And then what? Sounds like another offseason wit questions at Oline coming up.

As NATI here says, we don't have to re-sign Cappa for a while, so not a problem there. Nothing against you JJ22, but Karras is still a 
good Center and being a Bengals fan, I don't understand not liking extending him after all our troubles with Centers over the years.

Good Centers do not grow on trees.

(05-03-2024, 11:12 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Cappa signed a four year contract in 2022 according to spotrac and won’t be a free agent until 2026

Thanks NATI.  Cool

(05-04-2024, 12:28 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I was disappointed with no G in the draft as well. Still hoping for a FA. 

But you should prepare yourself....I think it is likely Karras is re-signed. They love him.

Same, hope we get a healthy Guard/Center in FA when it is time. Connor Williams, Dalton Risner, Andrus Peat. One of these guys should
be healthy by the regular season if it is health that is keeping them on the street. Just must not be the time to sign players unless we can
give them a workout. I would love a Guard/Center and a Corner to really round out the team.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 NFL Free Agency Thread - phil413 - 03-11-2024, 01:20 PM
RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - IcoHolic - 03-13-2024, 04:14 AM
RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 05-04-2024, 01:53 PM