Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread***
(05-06-2024, 03:21 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Unless the tear was not that bad (possible), I think a Williams signing would mostly be for 2025 & beyond. And a couple other things: 

1) An admission we won't use all our cap this year, so why not? And..

2) A hedge on Volson. Both Karras and Williams have C & G experience. Even if Volson stagnates, you'd have Karras, Williams, Cappa on the interior with Volson & Lee as a backups.

It basically takes IOL off the menu as a need for the 2025 draft, regardless of Volson's progress. Though we could always look for a Cappa replacement a year early. 

(05-06-2024, 04:29 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: On Williams, here is an article from the spring:

https://www.thephinsider.com/2024/3/18/24104689/connor-williams-knee-injury-confirmed-to-be-pretty-significant

His agent said he is focused on rehab and won't be signing anywhere anytime soon.

I think reading the tea leaves that means he needs time to try to get to the point where he can pass a physical/play again safely.

If he recovers well, maybe we coukd look at a fall or winter signing. But that is just a guess.

Thanks for the info Ike. Well, down the road I am definitely for bringing in Connor Williams, in the meantime, we ought to bring in somebody
that will be ready to play this year in Dalton Risner or Andrus Peat, at least as backup Guards anyways. These guy's aren't Centers though.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 NFL Free Agency Thread - phil413 - 03-11-2024, 01:20 PM
RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - IcoHolic - 03-13-2024, 04:14 AM
RE: ***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread*** - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 05-06-2024, 06:15 PM