Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hendrickson has requested a trade
(05-15-2024, 10:30 AM)Wyche Wrote: The timing and optics were very bad. I don't begrudge anyone looking for a trade, like Tee for example, but Trey JUST signed his extension last year. I think that's where a lot of the vitriol in this specific incident comes from. It's definitely what irked me.

Having said that, I do agree with the rest of the post. If he's feeling better than ever, opposing QBs could be in for a rough year against the Bengals.

I agree with the timing and optics being bad.   I don't think agents do a good job of getting the fans on their team.   I think it reflects more on the agent than the player.

But I also don't like the optics the team presents (I'm sure it's the tip of the iceberg as well).   But there comes a time when getting the heart of your team by recompensing your best players according to their performance versus "it's a business" seems counterproductive.

There are always going to be limits.   But I think Bates should still be a Bengal and you want Hendrickson fighting for you not against you.   I don't think he was looking for a trade, but hoping to get some more compensation for play that is much better relative to his pees than his compensation.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hendrickson has requested a trade - IcoHolic - 05-03-2024, 05:48 AM
RE: Hendrickson has requested a trade - 3wt - 05-17-2024, 12:09 PM
Hendrickson Requests A Trade! - BFritz21 - 04-24-2024, 06:43 PM
Trey - Cosmokramer - 04-24-2024, 06:57 PM