Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
150 Armed Militia Members Take Over Federal Building
(01-06-2016, 09:13 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Benton

Eh, Chesimard isn't a founder. She's not even in the country. That's like saying Socrates founded the Confederate States of America since his view and their view of Democracy were similar.

Similar straws with the rest. Williams was a disgruntled ex-employee who tried to elevate his action by making it a racial issue. He wasn't, he was a bad employee. Same with the killing of Kentucky state trooper here several months ago. The shooter was active in BLM. Haven't heard of it? Probably not — the killer did shoot an officer, but his only connection to BLM were dozens of social media entries concerning why people should not be aggressive or attack police.

So, agreed, they aren't a domestic terrorist group.

ThumbsUp

My bad, Chesimard was the inspiration for Garza.

http://www.thefeministwire.com/2014/10/blacklivesmatter-2/

When I use Assata’s powerful demand in my organizing work, I always begin by sharing where it comes from, sharing about Assata’s significance to the Black Liberation Movement, what it’s political purpose and message is, and why it’s important in our context.

Who is Assata?
http://www.liberationink.org/content/assata-unisex

About Assata: On May 2 1973, Black Panther activist Assata Shakur, was pulled over by the New Jersey State Police, shot twice and then charged with murder of a police officer. Assata spent six and a half years in prison under brutal circumstances before escaping out of the maximum security wing of the Clinton Correctional Facility for Women in New Jersey in 1979. Since then, she has been living in exile in Cuba.

AKA Chesimard

Look up "Assata taught me" t-shirts. The Black Lives Matter supporters are wearing them to the peaceful rallies.

dang. lost my connection, fortunately I copied what I sent first.
oh I would agree some of the blm activists probably agree with her.

that's nothing like her being a founding member
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: 150 Armed Militia Members Take Over Federal Building - Benton - 01-06-2016, 09:59 PM